Ms. Shivani Purnima is a Clinical Psychologist at Delhi Mind Clinic. She completed her MPhil in Clinical Psychology from the reputed IHBAS , Dilshad Garden in 2015. Subsequently, Ms. Shivani has expanded her clinical experience by engaging in clinical work along with being a researcher in many projects related to mental health at the prestigious – All India Institute of Medical Sciences ( AIIMS) New Delhi.
In over 8 years of clinical mental health research work, Ms. shivani interacted with and helped assess, guide and treat patients of various psychological disorders.Hence, she has significant experience in helping patients with the following disorders:
- Insomnia and other sleep-related disorders: assessment and CBT.
- Female psychosexual disorders: assessment and management.
- childhood psychological disorders: assessment and management such as autism, ADHD, IQ, and SLD.
Besides the same, Ms. Shivani is well versed with various therapy modules such as CBT (cognitive behavior therapy), IPT (Interpersonal Therapy), DBT ( dialectic Behavior Therapy) amongst others. However, she prefers using eclectic modes of therapy, on a client needs-based model as she believes each individual is different and treating distress and promoting mental well-being go hand in hand.
A strong proponent of humanistic and client-centered psychotherapy, she envisages relieving mental health distress for her clients and patients.
She is an experienced therapist well trained in
- depression counseling,
- anxiety disorders counseling,
- cognitive behavior therapy for OCD,
- ERP (exposure & response prevention) for OCD,
- social skills training or social anxiety disorder,
- Behavior therapy for phobias
- counseling for children with ADHD & autism.
- CBT for sleep disorders
- female psychosexual dysfunctions
She also conducts different psychological testing like those for
- social Anxiety disorder,
- panic disorder,
- schizophrenia etc