Panic Disorder Treatment
SINHA’S anxiety rating scale
Panic disorder symptom severity scale
Treatment By Medications
- Medications are generally prescribed for acute control of anxiety attacks and further prevention of severe attacks.
- These medications are best taken under supervision as the doses are tapered gradually over time.
- Usually, a three – six-month duration of medication is recommended.
Treatment By Counseling(Best Panic Disorder Treatment In India)
- Relaxation techniques – Training is provided to the patients to be able to manage their bodily reactions during a panic attack in an adaptive manner.
- Desensitization therapy-Specific phobias and anxiety symptoms are gradually dissociated from each other in a hierarchical manner.
- Cognitive behavior therapy – Includes identifying and challenging one’s own maladaptive thoughts.
- Interpersonal therapy – Interpersonal issues impacting the anxiety symptoms are addressed.
- Psychodynamic therapy – Unconscious repressed emotions impacting one’s psychological states are uncovered to aid in recovery.