Addiction Disorder Treatment
Services provided for Addictions are:
- Addiction Severity Index(ASI)
- Composite International Diagnostic Interview (CIDI)
- Alcohol Use Disorders And Associated Disabilities Interview Schedule(AUDASIS)
- Personality testing
2. TREAMENT BY MEDICATION
- Medication is used in both detoxification and deaddiction phases of treatment.
- They help improve the way your brain uses certain chemicals that control withdrawal symptoms and craving.
- Sometimes, antidepressant medications and sedatives (benzodiazepines) are added in initial phases to control the symptoms quickly.
- Medication duration depends on multiple factors like total duration of symptom use, genetic loading, coexisting depression or anxiety etc and is hence best decided by the treating doctor.
- Do not stop taking medication without the help of a doctor.
3. TREATMENT BY COUNSELING/ PSYCHOTHERAPY
There are different types of therapy available which are chosen as per the patient’s symptoms.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – methods to learn to identify and modify thought patterns accompanying relapses.
- Motivation Enhancement Therapy- structured means of identifying ambivalence and motivating for abstinence by challenging contradictory thoughts and behaviors.
- Interpersonal therapy (IPT) – centers on resolving interpersonal problems and aiding recovery.
- Family Therapy – generating awareness and promoting supportive environment at home to facilitate recovery.
- Psychodynamic Therapy – focused on revealing unconscious content of client’s psyche to alleviate psychic tension.