Specific Learning Disorder services
Services For Specific Learning Disability
- Malins intelligence scale for Indian children (MISIC)
- Binet Kamat test of intelligence (BKT)
- Raven’s colored Progressive Matrices (SPM)
- Bender visual motor gestalt test
- Memory for designs test- NIMHANS Index
- Vineland Social Maturity Rating Scale (VSMS)
- Wescheller’s adult intelligence scale III
- Wescheler memory scales – revised
2. Treatment By Medication
There are no medication to improve the cognitive factors. However. a doctor may use medication to treat some symptoms that are common with learning disability such as
- Attention problems
- Anxiety and depression
3. Treatment By Counseling
- Family therapy – Psychoeducating family about SLD, its effects and providing support to the family helps in countering expressed emotions.
- Social skills training – helping patients learn adequate social skills.
- Behavior therapy – targeted at maintaining regular schedules etc.