Dr. Paramjeet Singh
Linkedin: Dr. Paramjeet Singh on Linkedin
Quora: Dr. Paramjeet Singh on Quora
Dr. Paramjeet Singh is the Senior Consultant Neuropsychiatrist at Delhi Mind Clinic. A young and enterprising Doctor, Psychiatry is his passion.
Dr. Paramjeet did his MBBS from the prestigious MAMC (Maulana Azad Medical College – Delhi) and MD, Psychiatry at IHBAS (Institute Of Human Behavior & Allied Science), Dilshad Garden, the only government neuropsychiatric super- specialization hospital in entire Delhi. As an Assistant Professor in Psychiatry at IHBAS, he dealt with patients of severe mental illness like Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, Addictions etc. which are his area of expertise.
He joined Delhi Mind Clinic in 2017 with an aim to provide quality medical care to all patients of severe mental illness. He has many publications in medical journals and books in his name and is frequently invited for delivering lectures and conducting workshops in various organizations, news channels, schools, and offices.
TYSA – Torrent Young scholar Award 2009
- Invited as a panelist to prime news to discuss neglected health needs in the race to succeed in a competitive world.
- Presenter on FM rainbow, Red FM.
Community Outreach Programs
- Invited as a guest speaker to interact with students over “peer pressure at young ages” at Manavstali School, R block, New Rajendra Nagar.
- Organized workshop at Delhi Mind clinic for NGO” homeless Railway children” on ” social skills training and soft skills”
- Other lectures for doctors and nurses at various hospitals, students and teachers at schools
Educational & Career
- MBBS 1999-2005
- A graduate from the renowned Maulana Azad Medical College, Lok Nayak Hospital and Gobind Ballabh Bhai Pant Institute of medical education and research, he was deeply affected by the psychological and emotional distress of patients suffering from various medical and surgical illnesses. This motivated him to choose Psychiatry as his subject of interest in providing health care to society at large.
- MD, Psychiatry 2006-2009
- His post-graduate training at the much sought after premier neuropsychiatric hospital; IHBAS (Institute Of Human Behavior & Allied Sciences) provided him with a vast knowledge of severe mental illness like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and substance addiction. Chronic and disabling neurotic disorders like depression and anxiety along with neuropsychiatric disorders of dementia and parkinsonism are his area of expertise.
- SR & ASST PROF 2010 – 2017 (IHBAS)
- Having organized multiple mental health camps on world mental health day each year has ingrained him with a strong skill of establishing rapport and instilling confidence in personal interactions even with the most difficult patients. Teaching postgraduate medical students, nursing cadets and psychology interns, the fine nuances of psychiatry for over 12 years, make him an expert in his field. An excellent example of a harmonious blend of traditional and contemporary outlook, his methods of practicing Psychiatry reflect his warm, genuine and empathic personality along with a firm yet polite approach towards his patients.
Having claimed many laurels and awards for his expertise in this field, he wishes to dedicate more of himself in the field of mental health care in the coming years.