SERVICES FOR OCD
Yale brown obsessive compulsive scale(YBOCS)
Obsessive compulsive inventory (OCI)
HAM- A(Hamilton rating scale for anxiety)
Beck’s Depression Inventory( BDI)
Medication for OCD
Medications that have been proven effective in both adults and children with OCD include Clomipramine, which is a member of an older class of “tricyclic” antidepressants, and several newer “selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors” (SSRIs).
SRIs often require higher daily doses in the treatment of OCD than of depression, and may take 8 to 12 weeks to start working, but some patients experience more rapid improvement.
Psychotherapy/ counseling for OCD
There are different types of therapy available which are chosen as per the patient’s symptoms.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – methods to learn to identify and modify thought patterns accompanying obsessions and compulsions.
- ERP- Exposure and Response Prevention is a specific type of CBT which aims to gradually desensitize one’s compulsive behaviors.
- Psychodynamic Therapy – focused on revealing unconscious content of client’s psyche to alleviate psychic tension.
- Social Rhythm Therapy – to develop normal sleep schedule and predicatble daily routines.
- Family Therapy – psychoeducation of family regarding nature of illness, course and progression aiming to promote recovery.