Services for Autism
- The Childhood Autism Rating Scale.(CARS)
- Vineland Social Maturity Rating Scale (VSMS)
- Modified Checklist for autism in toddlers(M-CHAT)
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS-G)
- Autism Diagnostic Interview Revised (ADI-R)
2. Treatment By Medication
A doctor may use medication to treat some symptoms that are common with ASD such as
- Repetitive behavior
- Attention problems
- Anxiety and depression
2. Treatment By Counseling
Behavioral, psychological, and educational therapy
- Social skills training Therapists may also teach children social skills, such as how to wait their turn, share toys, ask for help, or respond to teasing. Learning to read facial expressions and the tone of voice in others, and how to respond appropriately can also be part of social skills training.
- Behavior therapy
- Family and marital therapy can help family members and spouses find better ways to handle disruptive behaviors, to encourage behavior changes, and improve interactions with the patient.
- Parenting skills training (behavioral parent management training) teaches parents the skills they need to encourage and reward positive behaviors in their children to change a child’s behavior. They may also learn to structure situations in ways that support desired behavior.