SECTION 377 – PARTIALLY REPEALED!
WHAT THE COMMON MAN NEEDS TO KNOW About SECTION 377:
1. Gender identity & sexual orientation are not mental disorders.
2. Since they are not a mental disorder, they NEED NOT & CANNOT be treated by medication, counseling, or shock therapy.
3. People who are different in such a manner have higher of depression and anxiety disorder in the background of social discrimination and stigmatization.
4. The risk of self-harm and suicide is significantly high in these populations and so are their mental health needs.
WHAT THE COMMON MAN NEEDS TO DO:
1. Stop judging.
2. Stop discriminating.
3. Stop believing it to be a mental disorder.
4. Extend support and respect to such people.
5. Seek mental health services if you see someone struggling despite the support.